During your lifetime you will spend more time in bed than any other single place.
Your bed is your sanctuary, where you recharge and gain your energy to take on each day.
It’s where we sleep, talk, make love and much more. So it seems only natural that you’d want your bed to be as cosy, comfortable and luxurious as possible.
And when it comes to comfort nothing beats 100% Linen Bedding.
100% Flax Linen is the most luxurious of all bedding fabrics and has been used for thousands of years. This 100% natural fabric is made from Flax plant fibres, which are hollow inside. This hollow characteristic makes linen a great insulator, keeping you warm in winter and cooler in summer.
Over the years there has been a common misconception that the higher the thread count the better quality the sheet. Yet this is not completely true.
Because of good marketing Egyptian Cotton was thought to be the very best bedding material. Yes it is very good (the best cotton material), but when we look at the 3 most important aspects of quality bedding – Comfort, Durability, Eco-Friendliness - 100% Linen bedding remains the most opulent and practical material for your bed.
Here’s Why You Should Invest In 100% Linen Sheets
- Linen is light, breathable and highly insulated, keeping you warm and cosy in winter and cool in summer.
- Linen can absorb up to 20% of its weight in water and still not feel damp to the touch. Your bed will always feel warm and dry.
- Linen is lint free and gets softer and more comfortable with every wash
- Linen threads are thicker and softer to the touch, the fibres feel amazing against your skin
- Linen is non-allergenic and anti-bacterial
- As mentioned above linen gets softer, stronger and more comfortable with every wash. If properly cared for a quality set of linen bedding can last for decades.
- Linen is easy to wash in a regular washing machine and will remain lint free and not ball up like synthetic or cotton sheets
- Completely colourfast
- Line fabric is dirt and stain resistant.
- Linen fibres are 100% recyclable and biodegradable
- Flax linen crops require less water and no irrigation systems
- Flax linen crops require fewer pesticides and fertilizers than other crops
- Because linen lasts much longer they are more sustainable and will only need to be changed every 10+ years
Yes you will pay more for a quality set of 100% Flax Linen Sheets. The manufacturing process requires more care and hands on weaving to get it just right, but like anything “You get what you pay for”.
This higher one-time investment will save you lots of money over the next 10 years, as you have to replace cheaper synthetic or cotton sheets.
If you want to make your bed into a warm, cosy sanctuary then you MUST try 100% Linen Bed Sheets. You will never regret spending that little bit extra to enjoy the best nights sleep you’ve ever had.
At Salt Living we are now stocking IN|BED Linen Bedding. These 100% Flax Linen Bedding products are the most comfortable bed sheets I have ever slept in.
“Inspired by sleep-ins, breakfast in bed and staying in your pyjamas all day, IN BED makes beautiful bedding from beautiful fabrics made to be lived in, loved in and snuggled up to. The kind of bedding that looks just as good unmade and undone as it does neatly tucked, and only gets better the more you use and love it.”
Visit our online store come to our boutique at Shop 41 The Strand 72 Marine Parade, Coolangatta, Qld, to see our full range of luxurious IN|BED offerings.